Friday, May 18, 2012

Productive Indian

Hit the Indian river this evening with Stiles for a few hours. We fished a mile downstream first and the section we fished produced no fish. We headed right back up to the dam. There, the caddis started hatching in numbers and fish started rising. I tied on a goddard caddis (that I think I tied about 5 years ago), and had a fish take it on the first cast. Yes undie does occasionally catch fish on dry flies (Cody, Garret, Chris and Trevor).


The moment of the evening belonged to Stiles who hooked up with a nice fish half way through the evening hatch. I waded upstream to find that Stiles had hooked into a solid brown that was clearly a holdover fish from last years stocking. The pictures do the talking...




I finished with double digits of fish on the evening with most of the fish taking caddis patterns. Although Stiles had only finished with four fish, he had all the bragging rights with the beautiful brown he caught. It was redemption from last nights lost salmon.

Tomorrow I'm headed to some back country ponds with my brother in law Jamie and good friend Jon Swartwout in search of brookies. We'll be camping for the weekend. Report to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment