Monday, January 2, 2012

Looking Ahead: Goals of 2012

The new year is here. Its time to start thinking of what will be in store for the year and what my angling goals will be. Here are a few of them I've thought of so far.....

1.) A monster Montana Brown- Although I had a handful of browns in 2011 that were 17+ inches, only one of them was 20+ which was a 24 inch hog from a stream in NY. However, I failed to land what I really worked hard for this fall; a monster Montana brown. I want one that is 25+ inches for the 2012 season.

2.) Explore New Water- Of course one of every anglers goals is to explore new water. I hope to get out and explore some of the rivers that I haven't fished yet in MT. These include the the South Fork of the Flathead, Big Hole, Beaverhead, Little Blackfoot, Ruby, Smith and Boulder Rivers.

3.) Steel- The longest I've ever had a steelhead on for was about 5 seconds. It was a great lakes Tributary steelie. Now, being so close to Idaho, I hope that with the help of my fishing buddy Tom (who knows the Salmon River very well), I can finally land my first steelie ever this spring. I hope it ends up being a B run fish.

4.) Use a Net- I don't know if its just the fact that I haven't bought a net or I just don't see the need for one. I was pretty fortunate this year to land almost every quality fish I had on without a net. In fact I don't even remember losing one decent fish because I didn't have a net. But I know the day will come when I wish I had one. I'm beginning to look for a quality net to prevent the mistake of not having one and losing a nice fish.

5.) Mini Documentary- Now That I have the HD Hero 2 GoPro, its time to start shooting footage and making a mini movie about my fly fishing experiences. I've wanted to do this for a while now, and with the high quality of this HD video Camera, I think I can do a great job of capturing my world.

That's all I have for now. More goals to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment