Friday, October 7, 2011

Report From Back Home

My dad called me yesterday with a report from Salmon River in NY. Its prime time for king and coho salmon now on the great lakes tributaries and my dad headed over to fish a couple days on the Salmon (probably one of the most famous rivers in the north east). He said he had landed a monster king and sent me pics later in the day.......


Quite the fish! Nice catch dad. I'm very jealous of everybody back in NY and seeing these pics and hearing reports makes me miss NY. However, I will hopefully be out on Idaho's Salmon River fishing for steelhead in the coming weeks. I talked to my friend and fishing buddy Chris Stiles who said he will be brook trout fishing this weekend. He said all the streams are in great condition and the weather is looking perfect for both days. He should get into some trophy sized Adirondack  native Brookies. To hear more reports from NY check out Chris's blog at http://schroonriverangler.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment