Sunday, October 30, 2011

Clark Fork/ Rock Creek 10/29

Had an interesting day today on the Clark Fork with Chris and Riley. We fished up near the confluence of Rock Creek. We faced 30mph wind gusts the entire time and being on an "open" river with no tree cover made it almost impossible to cast when the winds were high. I got nailed in the neck with my streamer and also had my hat blown right off my head by the winds. Chris also got hit by his streamer. We fished a section near the railroad tracks and fished down to the where Rock Creek dumps into the Clark.


                                                        Chris and I on the way to the river.

All three of us never had a grab. We decided to drive up rock creek a ways and fish some deep pocketwater with streamers. There was far less wind up in the canyon and it felt good not having to duck on every cast. We fished for about an hour and a half with no hits. My confidence went from the highest to the lowest and I quit early. I waited for Chris and Riley and then we began to drive home. On the way back down Rock Creek Road we saw what looked like a bunch of mule deer standing to the left. I stopped the car and as I looked in my rear view mirror I could see 3 or 4 more Big Horned sheep crossing behind us. I got out of the car to get some pictures.


I've only seen Big Horned sheep one other time in Montana and this was the first time I was close to them. It definitely made the day better, even though none of us had hooked up with any fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment