Sunday, October 14, 2012

Yet another great day

I woke up early hoping that today would be as good as the previous. Little did I know that it would rival yesterday to be yet another amazing day of streamer fishing. I'm not sure what it was today, and I hate to brag, but I was on fire with streamers. Nine browns, a few rainbows and a pure cutty in just a few hours. And best of all, probably 7 of those fish were between 15-18 inches including a beautiful New Zealand-looking male brown with a forming kype. It was just a great morning of nonstop action.









Not only was the fishing great, but we got a clear view of the Selway-Bitterroot mountains for the first time since spring. There was barely any smoke in the air today.



Riley and Chris joined me on the river today. I owe Riley a big thanks for helping me get some of these photos. It looks like the overcast weather will continue this week. Looking forward to some more great streamer fishing on both the Bitterroot and Blackfoot.

3 comments:

  1. 20K hits. Nice! Alec, do you ever go to class? LOL You ARE living the dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alec, you'll appreciate this...

    http://www.ginkandgasoline.com/fly-fishing/rosa-parks-fished-streamers/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stiles. I do not attend classes. EVER. And Al, that is an awesome blog post. That guy speaks the truth!

    ReplyDelete