Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fall is Coming

Although it is not officially fall yet, everyone knows that it is approaching quickly. We've had some very cold temps at night in the last week. Fall, by far, is my favorite time to fish and I've been waiting patiently for the streamer fishing to pick up. It's definitely not in full swing yet but I've been seeing some more aggressive fish lately, including this morning.

Kelsey joined me for a few hours on the Clark Fork this morning. We found a strong trico hatch and landed some small rainbows and cuttbows.

Kels hooked up

The youth of the Clark Fork


Although there was a sufficient amount of rising fish, once I stumbled upon some great streamer water, I couldn't resist. The result was fine with me....






We dry fly fished until the Trico's were all gone and Kelsey missed a big cuttbow twice. She was a little frustrated but at least she caught more trout than whitefish. It was a nice morning on the water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment