Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Trout with Kelsey

Yesterday my girlfriend Kelsey returned from Washington and we decided to hit the water for a while. She's been dying to re-learn how to fly fish so I promised I would teach her what I could. Little did I know she would be such a pro. My ultimate goal was to have her land a fish. We drove a ways up a crowded Rock Creek in search of our own water and finally found an empty stretch that I've fished before.

With a bit of practice, Kelsey was casting really well, especially with roll casts. We walked downstream and found a small pool where there had to be fish. It wasn't long before she hooked up with a bow, fought it, and landed it, all by herself. I was pretty surprised at how well she played the fish and kept it from running down some faster water. Needless to say, I've never seen Kelsey that excited before.


We headed downstream further and Kelsey immediately picked out a soft pocket of water that she thought would hold a fish. After drifting some stoneflies through the pocket, she was hooked up again with nice bow.

Happiness

It was a great afternoon and an awesome way to end spring break. I was glad that Kels caught some fish. Now, unfortunately, it's back to school for all of us. I cannot believe that there is only one month left of school. This whole year has flown by.

No comments:

Post a Comment