Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Slowing Down

Its getting progressively colder here in the Missoula area and the fishing is also. I've been out a few times this week and have been skunked twice. The fish are definitely becoming less active and nymphing is now basically the only productive technique. I'll probably continue fishing on warmer days but for the most part I'll be focusing on finishing up my first semester of college. I'm very excited to head back to NY and see my family and friends. The weather there is still very warm and the ice reports from my fishing buddy Chris Stiles are not very good. There is literally no ice on the lakes or ponds right now and I'm hoping by the time that I get home there is at least fishable ice somewhere nearby.

I'd also like to get over to Vermont to see my sister Alison and my brother-in-law Jamie as well as my cousins. I might even get to fish a little with Chris, who lives in Northern Vermont.

My sister Kate and her boyfriend Tom, who I had the pleasure to fish with in Idaho a few months ago (see post: Great Weekend In Idaho, September), will also be visiting NY to see the family. I hope I'll be able to take Tom out on the ice and put him on some big upstate NY northern pike.

So many people to see in one month. I feel like I'll be pretty busy seeing everyone. Still, my goal is to have a relaxing break seeing family, friends and sitting on a bunch of frozen ponds, freezing my ass off. Some fish would also be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment