Monday, November 21, 2011

Report from Dad

For the past 3 days my dad has been sending me pictures of the many fish he's been catching. Right now hes in Cody Wyoming for work. From what I can see, the only work that hes been up to is fighting fiesty cutts, bows and browns. For the past couple of days he's been fishing the Shoshone River and doing very well, averaging about 20 fish a day. Today though was a day I think he'll always remember. He gave me a call this afternoon telling me he just had one of the best days of fishing he's ever had. He landed over 40 fish, all by swinging a purple prince nymph. He said the fish were just going nuts. It looks like my old man still has the skills. The pictures explain.......




Fishing here in the Missoula area has slowed down. Its been very cold and we keep getting dustings of snow. This past Saturday the temperature didn't get over 21 degrees. The banks of the Clark Fork are iced up. However, for the next couple of days we are going to see some warmer temps (even into the 40's). My cousin Willie will be joining me here in Missoula for Thanksgiving. Hopefully we can get out and land some fish. I haven't been out on the water for an entire week. This is the most consecutive days I've gone without fishing since I've been out here, which means I really need to get out! Chris is also here for Thanksgiving break so between the 3 of us, we should be able to land a fish or two, even if the fishing is slow. Stay tuned for a report from sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment