Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Big Trip Coming

In two days me and my 3 friends Cameron, Chris and Connor will be headed to the Bitteroot Mountain Range for a 2 day backpacking trip. We'll be hiking to an elevation of almost 9,500 feet. On our trip we'll be targeting trout in the several alpine lakes on the trail. I'm looking forward to fishing some high elevation alpine lakes for the first time ever. Some research I've done suggests that it probably won't be hard to get these trout to take a fly.

As for Missoula the weather has been great and the fish are still actively taking dries. I fished above campus again today for about an hour and got 1 rainbow of about 10 inches to take a trico pattern. Tomorrow morning I'll be headed somewhere to streamer fish with my brand new full sinking line. I expect streamer fishing to continually improve all the way into mid October.

No comments:

Post a Comment