Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Long Road

The drive to the University of Montana is a lot longer than it seems. The trip is surprisingly going by fast so far and after driving over 850 miles for both of the last 2 days we are now spending the night in Spearfish, South Dakota, not far from Wyoming. The drive has not been too interesting and for most of the way its been flat lands and plains. Before reaching Spearfish my mom and I decided to make the quick detour to Mount Rushmore. It was really worth it and we got there just as the sun was setting behind the monument.


                                                  Sunset near Mount Rushmore                                                                         

Tomorrow we'll be on the way through the corner of Wyoming and into Montana. Once there, I'll finally start to enjoy this trip the way I know how to....by catching fish! I plan on wetting lines in the Bighorn, Gallitan and Madison Rivers. We will be stopping for the night in Ennis, MT (a slight detour) so that I can fish the Madison on the same run where I experienced the most amazing evening of fly fishing I've ever had, more than 3 years ago with my dad. I am "itching" with anticipation to just step in a river and I can't wait to get back on the rivers that I've been missing terribly for the past few years.

Stay tuned for the first fishing report from out west!!

No comments:

Post a Comment