Friday, August 24, 2012

A summer review: Craig, MT

It seems like only three weeks ago I was headed back out to Montana to work in a town with less than 50 permanent residents, on one of the most productive trout rivers in the United States. Who would have thought that in what seemed like three weeks, three full months flew by. My summer of work in Craig, MT, has now ended.

It was definitely a summer of remembrance. Working at the Trout Shop gave me the opportunity to explore, and most importantly, fish everyday. I had plenty of adventures this summer but also worked a lot. I learned so much about the process of a fly shop, interacting with clients, and helping those clients to have the best fly fishing experience possible.

Working in Craig specifically gave me a whole different view on the small town. The entire existence of the town all comes back to the sport that keeps it alive. With three fly shops, a restaurant, and lodging, Craig Montana is considered to some to be a small fly fishing oasis. But what I realized about Craig was that it's not the shops that make it such an oasis... it's the generous people.

I would like to thank Chris Goodman, Jerry Lappier, Mike Bushly, Karen Lappier, and Lily Goodman for the great experience I had this summer working at The Trout Shop. It was one of the most rewarding experiences I've had in my life.


Goodbye to the Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment